[Freeswitch-users] Site Specific Errors (Polycom? Comcast Router? FS?)

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Fri Feb 1 20:20:14 MSK 2013

Hi,

I am having intermittent problems with one of my new customers.  These
problems have not been reported by other customers using the same FS server,
but that does not mean there may not be a FS solution.  I appreciate any
suggestions you folks have.  I just did a GIT update yesterday from head.

The site is unique in that it uses a Comcast Business Router/Modem/Gateway
and is our only site with Polycom 330 phones.  We were forced to set the
local (phone) SIP port to a unique number across the board.  That us each
line on each phone has a unique port on the NAT'ed Router.  As I mentioned
this is our first attempt at using Polycom phones.

The periodic problems are:

Cross-Talk: Users report hearing other conversations in the office on their
call.  Googling produced a proposed suggestion of putting each phone's
connection on a SWITCH to isolate rtp traffic.  We removed their hub and put
in a layer 2 switch.

Several Users have reported that as they are dialing if another call comes
in to their phone from FS they immediately get a busy signal.

One user reported a call dropped when another call came in to his phone.

I mentioned cross-talk only because it may mean something to you.  I am
hoping that issue is resolved.

These are all intermittent, and our staff has not been able to reproduce at
the customer site!

Thanks again.

Sean