[Freeswitch-users] Parallela board - interesting for FreeSWITCH?

Bob Hartwig bobjects at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 20:09:07 MSK 2013

I use little ARM-based boards like the BeagleBone Black and Raspberry Pi
for FreeSWITCH in our lab, and they work great for small setups.  The
interesting and different thing about the Parallela board is the 16 / 64
core RISC chip, which is programmable in C and C++.  I can envision
offloading transcoding and other CPU-intensive tasks to those cores.  Hard
to say if it will be stable when it's finally released, and I don't know
enough about that chip to know if it's up to the task.

    Bob