[Freeswitch-users] display name updates with two outbound channels

Karsten Horsmann khorsmann at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 19:16:33 MSK 2013

Hello,

this is untested but should work. Try to set the originator and bridge
command set the RPIDs.

Like this

originate
{sip_cid_type=rpid,origination_caller_id_name=400,origination_caller_id_number=400}sofia/example/
300 at foo.com&bridge({sip_cid_type=rpid,origination_caller_id_name=300,origination_caller_id_number=300}sofia/example/
400 at bar.com)

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Channel_Variables#sip_cid_type

Maybe <action application="set" data="sip_cid_in_1xx=true"/>
as {param} in the originate command did the same without
origination_caller_id_name
and soone.

Play around. Find it. Document it in the wiki :)

2013/12/10 Hristo Trendev <dist.lists at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to bridge two remote endpoints via originate as described at
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_commands#originate
>
> originate sofia/example/300 at foo.com &bridge(sofia/example/400 at bar.com)
>
> All goes well, with the exception of display name updates. The problem is
> that any updates from the second call leg (400 at bar.com) are not sent to
> the 300 at foo.com call leg. As soon as 400 at bar.com sends an update I can
> see a message in the log that says (just an example):
>
> Update Callee ID to "Name" <123123123>
>
> However, nothing is being sent out to the first call leg (300 at foo.com)
> and the endpoint doesn't update the displayed party name.
>
> Technically we have 2 *outbound* call legs in this case:
> leg 1: from FS to 300 at foo.com
> leg 2: from FS to 400 at foo.com
>
> so a *callee* ID update from leg 2 should translate into *caller* ID
> update on leg 1. I am not sure how to accomplish this. Is it possible at
> all?
>
> BTW, I tried setting <param name="send-display-update" value="true"/> in
> the sip profile, but it makes no difference. I also thought about updating
> the ID on call leg 1 via an api call (for example api_on_answer or
> similar), but I couldn't find any api/application that will allow me to
> actively change the ID of the call leg if it was already answered. I am
> trying this on v1.2.14.
>
> Regards,
> Hristo

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org