[Freeswitch-users] ACL Behaviour

Andrew Cassidy andrew at cassidywebservices.co.uk
Wed Aug 21 13:08:13 MSD 2013

Hi all, I've just noticed a slightly unexpected (in my view) behavior when
checking ACLs.

If you have an empty ACL with default="allow" it will always return false.
Of course the workaround is to add a nonsense node into the list such as
0.0.0.0/32 (either allow or deny) then the ACL works as expected.

Now, before people shout FILE A JIRA at me, the reason I haven't is because
this behavior may be intended to prevent users accidentally leaving their
FreeSWITCH installations open.

So my question is, is this the intended behaviour? If so, I'll add it to
the wiki.

Thanks,

--
*Andrew Cassidy BSc (Hons) MBCS SSCA*