[Freeswitch-users] nate-mode -nonat apply-nat-acl documentation

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Wed Aug 21 05:03:39 MSD 2013

On 08/20/2013 06:30 PM, EL wrote:
> Karl,
>
> I agree with you on the documentation part. Unfortunately, I'm not
> able to give you the answers. I had difficulties getting my own setup
> working when I was changing my setup (included a vpn). In the end I
> figured it out myself with wireshark, but the documentation is (at
> least to me) not that clear on the subject.
>
> Maybe because of two reasons:
> [1] The average FS user has already a fair amount of knowledge on the subject;
> [2] The average FS user has the same kind of setup, which is documented enough.

I'm not complaining - This is some complex code and it could be very hard for those closest to it to
document it. (Hard to see the forest for all the trees in the way).

The bit that I can't figure out is what controls the two cases of NAT helpers (server end vs client
behind NAT ).

I could be that I should turn all the NAT stuff off - most of the SIP clients can do stun or other
tricks to get past NAT. If I could just get some of the FS terms defined and know if using the nat
parameters turns any of this on or off, I could even write it up.

I've been searching the mailing list with:

http://www.google.com/search?q=site:lists.freeswitch.org%2Fpipermail%2Ffreeswitch-users+searchterm

but I'm not making much progress.

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://secure.transtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

Truth is mighty and will prevail.
There is nothing wrong with this,
except that it ain't so.
--Mark Twain