[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH Core - Cassandra Database

Patrick Lists freeswitch-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Fri Aug 2 16:12:20 MSD 2013

On 08/02/2013 05:12 AM, Nathan Neulinger wrote:
> I've had good luck with a small deployment on percona as well, though there are a few minor issues (maybe stuff that can
> be corrected):
>
> 1. When FS tries to create indexes on various tables that already exist, it winds up causing a bunch of
> complaints/failures in the percona logs and creating various GAL_ dump files.
>
> 2. The external management of percona can be a mess. I tried running with Pacemaker/Corosync and really didn't have good
> luck with it failing over the floating IP properly, so I switched things back over to Keepalived, which I'm using for
> the freeswitch instances.

For the floating IP to follow to the new box, on a *2* node setup, you
need to disable quorum and add a constraint in your pacemaker/corosync
config so the resource (PerconaDB) follows the floating IP. Something like:

$ pcs property set no-quorum-policy=ignore
$ pcs constraint colocation add PerconaDB ClusterIP INFINITY
$ pcs constraint order ClusterIP then PerconaDB

And this example helps to prevent resources to move around when the
failed node comes back online. Make sure the 'resource-stickiness' value
is higher than the 'prefers' one:

$ pcs constraint location PerconaDB prefers node-1=50
$ pcs resource rsc defaults resource-stickiness=100

I'm curious, did you use a shared filesystem (something like DRBD with
GFS2/OCFS2) and regular Percona XtraDB on both nodes or did you use
Percona XtraDB Cluster?

Regards,
Patrick