[Freeswitch-users] Communication between sip soft phones(X-Lite) via freeswitch

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Apr 16 09:24:39 MSD 2013

Hi Navnath,

Thanks for reading our book! :) Comments inline.

-Michael Collins

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 10:50 PM, Navnath Sonavne <navnath.sonavne at yahoo.com
> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have successfully compiled and installed freeswitch on my Linux CentOS.
> I have registered two softphones of X-Lite in freeswitch with extension
> numbers are 1100 ,1101.
> I have installed these softphones on two different machines of windows OS.

All of the above is perfectly fine.

> I have created two XML dial plans for above extension numbers in
> usr/local/freeswitch/conf/directory/default.

This is where your problem lies. Technically these files that you created
are not "XML dialplans" - they are XML directory entries. In effect, these
two files tell FreeSWITCH that you have a user id of "1100" and another
user id of "1101". Assuming that your two X-Lite clients each register
properly then you have one other step to do in order to make all this work.

You need a dialplan entry to handle the new users. On page 67 of the book
you'll notice that there are two steps mentioned when adding a user. You
have done the first step but probably not the second step. Look on page 68
where it says "Next we need to edit the Dialplan entry for Local_Extension..."
I think you'll find the explanation there sufficient. If not, you know
where to reach us. :)

> Now when i call 1101 from 1100 extension it did not establish a call.
>
> I know something is going wrong but what is it? I am not able to figure
> out.
>
> I request you all please help me to establish a call between 1100 and 1101.
>
> FYI i am reading Freeswitch 1.0.6 by Anthony Minessale , Michael S.
> Collins , Darren Schreiber .
>
> I am attaching  1100.xml and 1101.xml files.
>

> Regards,
> Navnath.

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Michael S Collins