[Freeswitch-users] Follow me implementation

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Apr 11 02:31:17 MSD 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Steven Schoch <
schoch+freeswitch.org at xwin32.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 2:32 PM, Brian Foster <bdfoster at davri.com> wrote:
>
>> 4. Deskphones need to continue to ring after the external number leg is
>> started. I can't timeout the call on the deskphone then call the cell
>> phone, or call the deskphone, time it out, then call the deskphone and cell
>> phone.
>>

> I just tried:
>         <action application="bridge" data="user/1001@
> ${domain_name},loopback/app=ivr:test_ivr"/>
>
> The phone at 1001 rang briefly, but then it immediately was answered by
> the IVR.

That is the expected behavior of the app/arg combo you have here.

> Can a LUA script handle things asynchronously?  It would have to monitor
> if the local extension was answered while accepting DTMF from the cell
> phone call.

No - a Lua script called from the dialplan cannot "see" what's happening in
the way you want. If you want this kind of parallel calling that is
controlled by some sort of logic you'll need a 3rd party app/script/program
to watch everything via the event socket and make changes accordingly.

Just remember that enterprise originate does A TON of work in this whole
multiple leg thing. Anthony put some serious time and energy into making
that work - and it works very well. However, when one of the called parties
answers then the whole "enterprise" has completed its mission (sorry). If
you need the called party to do some sort of acknowledgement (i.e. press a
key) then you'll need to employ group_confirm_key/group_confirm_file.

-MC

> --
> Steve

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org