[Freeswitch-users] Follow me implementation

Guillermo Ruiz Camauer grcamauer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 01:49:21 MSD 2013

I don't want to hijack your thread, but since the subject matter is
FollowMe, I would like to add that I am looking for something along the
lines of:

A FollowMe that somehow knows what room you are in within a building and
rings the nearest extension with a special ringtone which is assigned to
each user.
The "somehow" could be through a Bluetooth dongle attached to a PC in the
room that detects the User's cell phone and updates a DB that FS has access
to, or an Mobile Phone App that triangulates on WiFi Access Points and
updates a DB, etc.

Has anyone heard of such a system?  Experiences?

Thank you,

Guillermo Ruiz Camauer

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 6:32 PM, Brian Foster <bdfoster at davri.com> wrote:

> I've been given an assignment. It's a little rough, and honestly I've been
> working on other projects and at the same time loosing my freeswitch-fu.
> So, here it goes.
>
> Company owner wants to be able to implement a follow me function. He's
> asking for the deskphones to begin ringing, then have cell phones ring N
> seconds later WHILE the deskphones continue to ring. The function has to be
> able to work using a couple different ways of dialing (we've got call
> groups implemented,
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/XML_User_Directory_Guide#Groups). When
> the mobile phone is answered, we need to be able to get some feedback from
> the callee to figure out if they're human. We'll use AVMD to kill the call
> if it detects a voicemail beep.
>
> I've looked at several different examples on the wiki and mailing list,
> and the only way I can figure out how to do it while keeping the
> requirements in mind is to at some point resort to using Loopback
> (something i didnt want to do).
>
> Requirements are:
> 1. Use a custom IVR/menu/something to get a confirmation from the callee
> that they are human (while also keeping it available for customization
> he's wanting a way to blacklist numbers on that same menu). So that rules
> out group_confirm_file, etc.
> 2. Use AVMD to kill the call if we detect the call was picked up by
> voicemail.
> 3. The custom IVR/menu/something isn't used on the deskphones
> 4. Deskphones need to continue to ring after the external number leg is
> started. I can't timeout the call on the deskphone then call the cell
> phone, or call the deskphone, time it out, then call the deskphone and cell
> phone.
> 5. It has to work on any type of calling method (so basically, if the
> deskphone rings then eventually the cell phone needs to ring to if it's
> assigned).
>
> Has anyone done something similar, and if so, how did you do it?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Brian Foster
> Project Manager/Owner's Representative
> Davri Investments, Incorporated