[Freeswitch-users] Follow me implementation

Brian Foster bdfoster at davri.com
Thu Apr 11 01:32:01 MSD 2013

I've been given an assignment. It's a little rough, and honestly I've been
working on other projects and at the same time loosing my freeswitch-fu.
So, here it goes.

Company owner wants to be able to implement a follow me function. He's
asking for the deskphones to begin ringing, then have cell phones ring N
seconds later WHILE the deskphones continue to ring. The function has to be
able to work using a couple different ways of dialing (we've got call
groups implemented,
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/XML_User_Directory_Guide#Groups). When the
mobile phone is answered, we need to be able to get some feedback from the
callee to figure out if they're human. We'll use AVMD to kill the call if
it detects a voicemail beep.

I've looked at several different examples on the wiki and mailing list, and
the only way I can figure out how to do it while keeping the requirements
in mind is to at some point resort to using Loopback (something i didnt
want to do).

Requirements are:
1. Use a custom IVR/menu/something to get a confirmation from the callee
that they are human (while also keeping it available for customization
he's wanting a way to blacklist numbers on that same menu). So that rules
out group_confirm_file, etc.
2. Use AVMD to kill the call if we detect the call was picked up by
voicemail.
3. The custom IVR/menu/something isn't used on the deskphones
4. Deskphones need to continue to ring after the external number leg is
started. I can't timeout the call on the deskphone then call the cell
phone, or call the deskphone, time it out, then call the deskphone and cell
phone.
5. It has to work on any type of calling method (so basically, if the
deskphone rings then eventually the cell phone needs to ring to if it's
assigned).

Has anyone done something similar, and if so, how did you do it?

Thank you,

Brian Foster
Project Manager/Owner's Representative
Davri Investments, Incorporated