[Freeswitch-users] Metaswitch perimeta SBC - any thoughts?

Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] cal.leeming at simplicitymedialtd.co.uk
Thu Apr 11 00:12:53 MSD 2013

I'm going to be doing some more tests on this over the next few days. From
what I can tell, the approach we're trying to use does look sane, it's
working under initial prototypes (benchmarks tbc), and does almost exactly
what we require it to do under the development constraints we have (e.g.
not having to worry about installing individual licenses on developers
machines for propriety s/w such as F5, and being cloud deployable, i.e. not
a physical solution as this would mean giving each developer their own
physical box, or having development run over corp WAN rather than local VM
LAN etc.)

The term 'SBC' seems to be thrown around quite wildly and can mean
different things to different people.. Some SBCs have minimal
functionality, others implement a full range of features including LCR.

I've come to the conclusion that if it does what we require, and it can
scale to the numbers we need it to, then it will probably work fine for us.

However, I would still be interested in hearing from others on large scale
approaches, specifically ones where you can scale out, rather than up (i.e.
you can throw a lot of servers at it, rather than having to increase the
resources of just a single server).

Cal