[Freeswitch-users] Polycom Extension Issue

Carlos Flor jackal at cybershroud.net
Tue Sep 11 22:43:10 MSD 2012

So here is the situation:  I have a polycom phone with extension
101 at pbxAand 101 at pbxB. Someone else has a polycom phone with extension
102 at pbxAand 102 at pbxB. If I try to call from 101 at Bto 102 at B,
the phone rings, but as soon as 102 answers, the call hangs up immediately.
 If I change 102 at B to 103 at B, so that the extensions are now 102 at A and
103 at Bon the second phone, then phone calls from the second phone to
the first
work, but not the other way around.  If I repeat the change on the first
phone, so that it now has 101 at A and 104 at B, then calls work correctly in
both directions.

So, it seems as though if you have more than one registration but use the
same extension on each, the polycom has issues with the RTP piece of the
call.  The SIP piece seems to work ok because the call actually makes it to
the other phone and rings, but as soon as you pickup (when RTP should
start) the call ends.

Has anyone run into anything close to this before?  I am sure my
description is confusing and it's much easier to explain on a whiteboard,
but hopefully it makes sense.

Just to clarify, the two PBXs are not related to each other.  I'm not
trying to call from pbxA to pbxB.

Carlos