[Freeswitch-users] TDM to SIP Gateway

Spencer Thomason spencer at 5ninesolutions.com
Tue Sep 11 20:02:30 MSD 2012

Hello,
I have a customer with a Comdial PBX that we would like to connect using SIP trunks.  The Comdial is currently connected via ISDN PRI.  Before the numbers are ported, the existing PRI will need to be active for inbound calls.  Can I use a Freeswitch server with a 2 (one port to PBX, one to PSTN) T1 Sangoma card to do this?  Would I need hardware echo cancelation since the cable run would only be about 10 feet?  Are there any directional (i.e. FXO/FXS in the analog world) or timing considerations?

Forgive my ignorance, my background is primarily on the SIP side of things.

Thanks for any help,
Spencer