[Freeswitch-users] Best SIP phone?

BookBag asaad2 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 15:39:52 MSD 2012

I can vouch for cisco under sccp but under sip its sub par. And don't
forget that you need smartnet in order to download the sip firmware which
is always lacking in features than the current sip protocol. By the time
they finally implement the complete feature set you'll find the sip
protocol advanced and now has more features. But you can't download their
new sip firmware anyway because you need to consistently pay for smartnet
so you can download it.

On Sep 7, 2012 11:11 PM, "Brian Foster" <bdfoster at endigotech.com> wrote:

> I use Polycoms with all new deployments. Linksys/Cisco SPA stuff is nice
too, but we stopped using them. One reason was because of Polycom's UC
Firmware and the possibilities when using it. Besides that, they have a
more 'polished' feel to them and the speakerphones are unbelievable, even
with their entry class phones.

> Cisco 79XX series are absolute crap. They can't be trusted, not when
using SIP. Grandstream makes OK phones, probably not ready for primetime
(although I dig their ATAs because they just work). Aastras have indeed
some bugs that are annoying. Haven't really tried Snom well enough to give
a good or bad review.