[Freeswitch-users] Phone that does IPv6 properly?

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Fri Sep 7 04:04:24 MSD 2012

Hello,

I'm excited about moving to IPv6, and not having to deal with NAT ever
again.

We have IPv6 address space and transit, and FS does IPv6, so now I need
some phones.

I'm told that there will be IPv6 firmware coming for my 400+ Aastra
phones, but that might be a while.  Are some IP phones out there today
that have good IPv6 support?  Specifically, it has to do the usual
network protocols (SLAC, router solicitation, etc.)  DHCP6 support would
be nice.  It has to be able to look up an SRV record, and then get AAAA
records for the SIP proxies referenced.  Everything is native IPv6, so
it isn't really important that it can do tunnels or anything special.
I'm not even sure that I need IPv4 on it at all, since it will be
deployed in an IPv6 only environment.

G.722 audio would be nice too.

Thanks for any suggestions!

-Tim