[Freeswitch-users] att_xfer limitations

João Mesquita jmesquita at freeswitch.org
Thu Sep 6 23:03:09 MSD 2012

I do believe that there are some legit cases where att_xfer is an
application that needs to be fully functional. The most obvious case is
where analog phone are used with boards such as Sangoma, Khomp or Digium
boards. It is in this instance arguable if that needs to be implemented as
an application on the "core" so to speak on or the endpoint module.

It is not a trivial task (at least beyond my capabilities) to make some
extra things work on att_xfer such as call return.

Nonetheless, Emrah, what you are asking is doable with the current
implementation. Just use the loopback channel and make
loopback_bowout=false. The downside in this case is that the loopback
channel will be up during the entire duration of the call, but everything
else will work.

Also, this adds some extra complexity to CDR processing, but I haven't
worked on that to really know how much complexity.

I hope this works for you.

Regards,
João Mesquita