[Freeswitch-users] Bat-Phone or Moscow RED PHONE Hotline

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Sep 5 01:02:29 MSD 2012

Yeah, this feature has various names, like "hot line" and "auto off-hook
dial", etc. As a previous post aptly put it, if it has a dialplan then it
probably can do a hotline. FTR I found this quickie blurb about the PAP2T
which I'm assuming will work with any Cisco/Sipura ATA FXS ports:

Have fun and be sure to wikify this if you get it working in production.
-MC

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Gabriel Gunderson <gabe at gundy.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Sean Devoy <sdevoy at bizfocused.com> wrote:
> > One of my customers has asked if we can setup a phone on an ATA (or
> > otherwise if necessary) that you just pick up and it is automatically
> > connected to some number?  Much like the “Bat-phone” or the US to USSR
> > Emergency Phone in the Situation room out the White House.
>
> Without looking into this, I'd say you're looking at a feature on the
> SIP phone. The servers don't know if the line was picked up or not.
> So, you need hardware or software that says, "Now that the phone was
> taken off the hook, call this number." Once you have that, you can
> solve the rest of the problem in your dialplan.
>

> Gabe

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Michael S Collins
Twitter: @mercutioviz