[Freeswitch-users] Bat-Phone or Moscow RED PHONE Hotline

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Wed Sep 5 00:17:26 MSD 2012

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Sean Devoy <sdevoy at bizfocused.com> wrote:
> One of my customers has asked if we can setup a phone on an ATA (or
> otherwise if necessary) that you just pick up and it is automatically
> connected to some number?  Much like the “Bat-phone” or the US to USSR
> Emergency Phone in the Situation room out the White House.

Without looking into this, I'd say you're looking at a feature on the
SIP phone. The servers don't know if the line was picked up or not.
So, you need hardware or software that says, "Now that the phone was
taken off the hook, call this number." Once you have that, you can
solve the rest of the problem in your dialplan.

Gabe