[Freeswitch-users] Newbie at patches, can someone shed light on my git issue?

Mario G mario_fs at mgtech.com
Tue Oct 30 19:10:18 MSK 2012

I have made some source changes to fix build issues. I spent all day yesterday trying to get git to build a patch. Many web sites have info but no a-z info for someone new to this (the FS wiki and others all assume you know git pretty well). I tried several things such as the sequence below. But all I can ever get is format-patch generating the whole program instead of just the changes. I am thinking it may have to do with what directory I put the patch in. I tried various places with no luck. Do I duplicate the freeswitch dir and compare the two? I tried using linux diff but it does not create what looks like a FS patch. Thanks,
Mario G

cd freeswitch
mkdir afixes
git checkout -b afixes
      put changed pgmname.c in afixes directory
git add afixes/pgmname.c
git commit -m "Lion spandsp compat"
git format-patch master	<-results in entire program added