[Freeswitch-users] process-rxfax.py Python Script and FreeSWITCH 1.2.3

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Oct 24 20:33:33 MSD 2012

If the rxfax app is not found that sounds like possibly a problem with
mod_spandsp. You might want to reconfig  spandsp. Go to your fs src
directory and do this:

make spandsp-reconf && make install

Then restart FreeSWITCH and see if you get the rxfax app back. If not, you
need to look at the logs when FS starts up and look for errors. Possibly
something isn't loading properly and usually the error message will give
you a clue, like a missing .so file.

-MC

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 8:50 AM, Komar, Jason <jkomar at jbox.ca> wrote:

> I'm using the process-rxfax.py Python script found on the mod_spandsp wiki
> page (http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_spandsp). It's worked great up
> until I just upgraded two FreeSWITCH boxes to version 1.2.3 from 1.2.1.
>
> Does anyone know if there was a change in mod_spandsp that would have
> broken the script? When a fax call is received FreeSWITCH immediately hangs
> up with a DESTINATION_OUT_OF_ORDER.
>
> The error that gets thrown in the cli is:
>
> 2012-10-24 09:30:38.257880 [ERR] switch_core_session.c:2369 Invalid
> Application rxfax
>
> If need be, I'll open a jira. My thought though was that it may be a
> problem with the script needing an update rather than an issue with
> FreeSWITCH itself.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason Komar

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org