[Freeswitch-users] ATOM D500

Erik Dekkers erik.dekkers at certhon.com
Fri Oct 19 10:56:28 MSD 2012

Hi Scott,

I’m running Freeswitch on a Atom N270 with 2 GB RAM and a 120GB Solid State Disk on a industrial computer (no fans, no moving parts). This box easily can handle 70 users with basic pbx functions.
One thing to notice: avoid transcoding! This is way too much for a Atom. One channel transcoding causes 40% CPU usage. We use G729 as the default codec.

Im running FreeBSD 8.1 x86 on that box. No need for 64bit imho.

Regards,

Erik