[Freeswitch-users] Sofia freezing for 5 minutes then starting again

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 15:16:41 MSK 2012

> Freeswitch is 1.0.head (git-7531fed 2011-08-17 11-27-20 -0500)

As you've already acknowledged it's a very old version.

It's possible that your issue has already been found and fixed, but if it
hasn't then the code will have changed significantly since then and you'd
really need to reproduce it on the latest code for it to be investigated.

As some general thoughts though, are you able to spot it happening while
it's happening or only afterwards?

If you're able to get on the system during one of those times look at what
else is happening. Is the load average/cpu usage/io high? Perhaps
something's running that's blocking all access or causing very high IO.

What DB backend are you using for Sofia? Is it possible that that's hanging
for a moment? For example if you're running a backup on the DB that blocks
all writes to the DB while Sofia is trying to update the DB that perhaps
would cause this.

Try running a SIP OPTIONS ping your your sofia profile from the localhost
during that time, which should exclude it being any issue on the ethernet.

-Steve