[Freeswitch-users] Trying to wrap my head around variables.

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at Vex.Net
Sun Nov 4 05:58:43 MSK 2012

On Sat, 3 Nov 2012 16:05:51 -0600
Anthony Minessale <anthony.minessale at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you read the wiki article on the xml dialplan or the chapter on
> ot in our book?

I have pored over the wiki quite a bit.  In fact, some of that code
comes from the examples there.  I suppose I could have misread it.  Is
there something in particular in my dialplan that I am doing wrong?

> The thing that tends to be the most difficult to grok is that when the
> module is parsing the xml, its not doing the things right as it sees
> them, rather it collects the matching stuff and distills it down to a
> linear set of instructions.   So if you set variables in one action
> then expect it to exist, you will be disappointed because it has not
> actually executed the set command, it only adds it to the list of

That's exactly what I hope, that it executes the set actions at run
time.  Specifically, the sofia_contact(99999%UID%@${domain_name}) has
to happen during the call setup since the state of registration can
change all the time.

> work.   However, there is a way to get what you want by adding
> inline="true" to the action when you set variables so they actually
> are set immediately and won't count in the list of work.  This only
> works for set and a small list of apps.

Definitely not what I want in this case.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net