[Freeswitch-users] Trying to wrap my head around variables.

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 01:05:51 MSK 2012

Have you read the wiki article on the xml dialplan or the chapter on ot in
our book?

The thing that tends to be the most difficult to grok is that when the
module is parsing the xml, its not doing the things right as it sees them,
rather it collects the matching stuff and distills it down to a linear set
of instructions.   So if you set variables in one action then expect it to
exist, you will be disappointed because it has not actually executed the
set command, it only adds it to the list of work.   However, there is a way
to get what you want by adding inline="true" to the action when you set
variables so they actually are set immediately and won't count in the list
of work.  This only works for set and a small list of apps.......