[Freeswitch-users] media proxy

Max Kovalenko mkovalenko at cybervisiontech.com
Fri Nov 2 17:13:53 MSK 2012

Hello,

There are two modes of media stream to be proxied or bypassed.

1. Default - "hard proxy" supplying trans coding, DTMF manipulations, etc.
2. Proxy - "light proxy" supplying only symmetrical RTP for mostly NAT traversal purposes. No media stream parsing is supported
3. Media bypass - RTP streams are bypassing FreeSWITCH at all.

There are also two channel parameters affecting above modes: bypass_media and proxy_media.

- Are these parameters independent? Meaning the combination: bypass_media=true AND proxy_media=true is possible. What effect will be?

- Does it means that if I want to turn on "light proxy" I would always need to set bypass_media=false AND proxy_media=true?

- How to set "hard proxy" (full media proxy) per channel before to bridge legs?

Waiting for your replay ASAP. Thank you in advance.

Best Regards.

Max Kovalenko
Team Leader
VoIP & UC Team