[Freeswitch-users] FS as a dumb SBC (was: Re: Help on Explaination of the configurations parrametters)

Paul Cupis paul at cupis.co.uk
Thu May 24 23:14:38 MSD 2012

On 23/05/12 09:26, Albert Nguyen wrote:
> I am new to FS and trying to setup FS as a "dumb" SBC as per
> example 2 in the wiki website so that I can convert inband DTMF to
> RFC 8233 and vice versa. This is the windows version of FS. Is it
> possible that I can get some assistant from you guys to get it up and
> running? Please advise how we can proceed.

One way of doing this would be to setup two SIP profiles, one facing the
device sending you RFC2833 and once facing the device which will only
accept in-band.

On the SIP profile facing the in-band device, disable RFC2833 support by
setting the varaible "rfc2833-pt" to something <95, and then when you
route a call from RFC2833 to in-band, add something like:

   <action application="export"
           data="execute_on_media=start_dtmf_generate"/>

to your dialplan.

Similarly you will want some config for calls going in-band->rfc2833 to
do the conversion, perhaps something like:

   <action application="start_dtmf" />

Note that I've not specifically tested the above.

If you are going down the above route, you might also want to read:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_start_dtmf
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_start_dtmf_generate

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/DTMF

Regards,