[Freeswitch-users] default dialplan: signal busy when busy and voicemail disabled

John Jacob lists.jj at googlemail.com
Tue May 22 12:24:42 MSD 2012

Hi,

I guess you are all aware of the default dialplan entry for local extensions:

    <extension name="Local_Extension">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="^(10[01][0-9])$">
[...]
        <action application="bridge"
data="user/${dialed_extension}@${domain_name}"/>
        <action application="answer"/>
        <action application="sleep" data="1000"/>
        <action application="bridge"
data="loopback/app=voicemail:default ${domain_name}
${dialed_extension}"/>
      </condition>
    </extension>

So, if a caller calls a callee, which disabled his voicemail and is
currently busy/unavailable FreeSWITCH plays a good bye message and
hangs up. This is unexpected for most of our clients and they are
interpreting it as a malfunctioning PBX.

I'd like to change this default behavior and respect the extension's
setting for "vm-enabled".
If it's enabled, the default behavior is fine, if it's disabled, I'd
like FreeSWITCH to signal *busy* to the caller.

It looks like I can't test for user parameters with conditions, so I
don't have a clue how to implement this?

For now I just removed answer,sleep and bridge to voicemail and busy
is signalled just fine, but I'm aware that I killed voicemail
completely by doing this ;)

Any hints or tipps? I can't implement dynamic dialplans with mod_curl
though, because those don't fit into the current setup.

Thanks,

  Johannes