[Freeswitch-users] Spandsp mulated modems inbound/no /dev/FS* device?

Anita Hall anita.hall at simmortel.com
Fri May 18 12:34:51 MSD 2012

Hi Alex

Many thanks for the reply.

Do I need t38modem if I am already receiving the Fax calls over E1 via a
Sangoma Card in my FS machine ? I read on the list that Hylafax takes audio
and the only reason you needed t38modem was because your FS was getting
calls over SIP.

This is my topology
~~~~~~~~~
Hylafax <-------->|______| <-------> FreeSWITCH <---------> E1
~~~~~~~~~

Since Hylafax is already taking audio calls, may be I do not need the
t38modem ? If not, can Hylafax take audio calls directly from FreeSWITCH ?

This is your topology (taken from your mails in the list)
~~~~~~~~~
Hylafax<---Audio---->t38modem<---T38--->Freeswitch/t38gateway<----G.711/SIP--->Mitel
3300(T38 unsupported, grr)<---ISDN30---->PSTN
~~~~~~~~~