[Freeswitch-users] Detect answer on FXO device

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu May 17 22:42:16 MSD 2012

Not reliably. The VAD might detect "We're sorry, you have reached a number
that is disconnected..." and consider that an "answer." You might possibly
be able to use the spandsp tone detect stuff to listen for ringback and
then act accordingly if you no longer hear ringback, but that's a scary
scenario. You are better off figuring out why the ATA isn't working in the
first place.

-MC