[Freeswitch-users] Howto? Migrating from Siemens HiPath4000 to FreeSWITCH

Markus Lindenberg markus.lindenberg at gmail.com
Thu May 10 12:44:14 MSD 2012

Hi Chris,

same here, convenience wins.

I love the fact that the complete SmartNode configuration can be
backed up as one readable configuration file. firmware up/downgrades
and configuration backups are a matter of minutes and can always be
safely rolled back or transferred.
This is in contrast to Dialogic Diva BRI/PRI cards, which are pretty
awesome but rely on a mess of packages, daemons and kernel modules
compiled in place on the target system for the target kernel. So by
just updating your server you could possibly break stuff and you also
have to make sure that your OS is supported. Then there's things like
the beroFix (never used them) which are self contained SIP/ISDN
gateways on a PCI card.

By buying "enterprise", you can migitate the possibility of your
gateway/card going EOL. That's why Audiocodes' gateways are expensive
compared to Linksys stuff. SmartNode development has always been
active even for existing devices, i'm just a bit worried that there's
no IPv6 support available or announced.