[Freeswitch-users] Setting channel variables in FIFO recording template

Peter Steinbach lists at telefaks.de
Sun May 6 01:10:12 MSD 2012

There was already a thread for this in 2010 ("Setting channel variables
for FIFO-originated calls"
http://freeswitch-users.2379917.n2.nabble.com/Setting-channel-variables-for-FIFO-originated-calls-td4874089.html)
but my requirements are a bit different so I am asking this again:

What am I going to do? I want to record a file in a fifo (agent is not a
consumer) with the agent's id and caller_id_number and date.

  * if I set fifo_record_template in the dialplan, I do not have the
    agent's id available, because this (external) id shall not be the
    phone number and at the time of evaluation of the dialplan we cannot
    predict the agent's numer and it's id and the call date
  * If we enter the caller_id-number in the fifo config we can set the
    agent's number and id but we cannot set the caller_id_number and the
    date as Freeswith will not accept it
    2012-05-05 23:03:53.517552 [CRIT] switch_channel.c:1183 Invalid data
    (${fifo_record_template} contains a variable)

My current template is as follows:
fifo_record_template=/usr/local/freeswitch/recordings/PROJ1/20120505/${caller_caller_id_number}__12345__202__20120505_224740__Sales.wav

How can I overcome this problem?

--
With kind regards
Peter Steinbach