[Freeswitch-users] Does Freeswitch replace Asterisk?

Saugort Dario Garcia Tovar dgarcia at anew.com.ve
Fri May 4 20:55:35 MSD 2012

Hi Antonio,

Yes, If you are not using a special feauture or module devolped for
asterisk, You can replace your Asterisk with Freeswitch.

As you said, you are in Brazil, FS support digium cards, also if I am
not wrong also support khomp cards (Brazilian supplier).

All you need is a small machine to give it a FS a try.

Only two points: first,about fxo channels gettings stuck, this happens
in several manufacture hardware when pstn lines are analog, it is better
digital lines. You should take time in see if your digium hardware need
some tunning like adjust tone detection, or line voltage. Second, abour
your callerid, you need check with your pstn provider to validate.

On 5/4/2012 8:35 AM, Antonio Modesto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	I Work at an ISP and we have an Asterisk PBX. Our PBX doesn't have
> anything special, it just do the common things like auto attendant, CDR,
> call transfer and such things. We have 2 digium FXO cards to connect to
> the PSTN. The problem is that asterisk is not working very well,
> sometimes some of the dahdi channels get stuck and we need to release it
> through the asterisk console, the detection of callerid doesn't work (We
> live in brazil, dtmf signaling), and other detais that if I list all of
> them here it's going to take some time. I read a lot about asterisk and
> its bad design, I think that it added a lot a features without worrying
> about making stable implementations. My question is, can freeswitch
> fully replace our Asterisk PBX? Or it's not its purpose?
>

> Regards.

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

> -----
> No virus found in this message.