[Freeswitch-users] Commercial Fax over T.30 for FreeSWITCH

Paul Cupis paul at cupis.co.uk
Thu May 3 19:19:46 MSD 2012

On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 05:53:01PM +0530, Anita Hall wrote:
>    No, I am running FreeSWITCH on an Ubuntu 64-bit Quad core machine.
>    There is no VM.

>    What all things should I check to ensure that the timing on my system
>    is good? Like, may be, my motherboard is bad or my kernel could be
>    tuned better ?

The most common suggestion is to use a kernel with 1000Hz timer. I think
that the default timer for Ubuntu is 250, so this would be first thing
to check/change.

You can check by running:

     grep CONFIG_HZ= /boot/config-`uname -r`

and if it is not 1000, it would be worth installing a 1000Hz kernel
and re-testing.

Ubuntu may have a packages -lowlatency kernel which has a 1000Hz timer
but this will also have other changes. I think a lot of people will
compile a custom kernel based on the standard Ubuntu one, just changing
that one configuration option.

Regards,