[Freeswitch-users] ITSPA 2012 Award for Open Source VoIP Projects

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 19:03:05 MSK 2012

On 3/23/12 4:35 PM, Zenny wrote:
> Oh, the headline was confusing. I thought that Kamailio received among
> the open source voip projects.

I hoped not to be confusing and it is indeed for all of the Open Source
projects with relevant contributions to IP telephony.

I explained a bit in my email the reason for awarding the group as a
generic entity - blending together several open source application
results in a more complete voip systems and it is very common practice
(so many persons would have had difficulties to pick one since they use
many).

The news was propagated here because FS was really a frequent
installation to ITSPA members' telephony platforms (again, among those I
spoke to). Not the least, I am using it, I know many of its developers
and their dedication to the project. I wouldn't have sent an email here
about awards to other projects only - as you mentioned, there are other
OS projects in this space, personally I tried to reflect from my direct
interaction at the event, in the places I am involve in. Otherwise ITSPA
made all public.

In short, my email was to congratulate FreeSwitch project for being
awarded by ITSPA UK.

Cheers,
Daniel

--