[Freeswitch-users] VM sound very choppy

Bzzz lazyvirus at gmx.com
Thu Mar 22 20:11:40 MSK 2012

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 09:53:10 -0700
Michael Collins <msc at freeswitch.org> wrote:

> Remember: when audio passes through FreeSWITCH it always gets decoded
> (unless you're using proxy media, but don't do that)

Hmm, I was goofy on this one and didn't took notes about this
choice, but I'm (almost) sure it was about ZRTP problems.

I re-read the wiki about proxy_media and I changed "proxy_media"
to "" into fusionpbx (possible choices are: "", "Bypass Media",
"Bypass Media After Bridge" & "Proxy Media"), but even after a FS
restart it's the same choppy sound (and logs):(

> So... your issue is most likely not with a codec mismatch but rather timing
> on the VM. I'll defer to those who know more about VMs and such.

In order to privilege iLBC, I modified conf/vars.xml as follow:
<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="global_codec_prefs=iLBC at 30i,PCMA,PCMU,Speex at 32000,GSM,G722,G7221 at 32000h,G7221 at 16000h"/>
<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="outbound_codec_prefs=iLBC at 30i,PCMA,PCMU,GSM"/>

JY