[Freeswitch-users] Advice how to start with H.323

Brian Foster bdfoster at endigotech.com
Sat Mar 17 05:30:45 MSK 2012

FYI there is a patch for the build script for mod_opal. I can't for the
life of me remember what the ticket number is in JIRA, and I'm mobile so I
can't really check it right now. It hasn't been committed to the code yet,
so if someone would be willing to test on the latest revision let me know
off list and I'll try and figure out the ticket number.

As far as your predicament sir, a few things:

On Mar 16, 2012 5:54 PM, "Peter Steinbach" <lists at telefaks.de> wrote:

> I want to create a H323 Gateway in order to receive calls from an
external H323 Server and transfer them to another Freeswitch server.

> I started on my Ubuntu 10.04 with mod_opal and spent some hours with
trying the following 2 ways:
> Using buildopal.sh, I had to adapt the script slightly and had to do some
symlinks in order to progress. At the end I got stuck with a compile error
"class PSTUNClient’ has no member named ‘InvalidateCache’" during
compilation of opal manager
> I then installed the libpt and libopal packes from apt and started to
compile mod_opal. I then got stuck with a compile error "errror: no
matching function for call to
‘OpalLocalConnection::OpalLocalConnection(OpalCall&, FSEndPoint&, void*&,
unsigned int&, OpalConnection::StringOptions*&)’"
> So this did not seem to be the right way as regards to future ability to
compile it with system updates.

> Therefore I would like to ask you for some advice:
> what is the best way to go: mod_opal or mod_h323? I think the feature set
will be somehow the same for my purposes (I only need voice, PCMA), so I am
asking, which one is more stable and compiles better.

I'm actually not sure. I patched the build script for mod_Opal so that I
could use IAX2. Fwiw Opal will not compile without a patch on the build
script. The current build script gets the latest from svn or got, but it is
indeed broken.

> what is best preferred platform (CentOS/Debian/??) for compiling this?

It boils down to what makes you comfortable. I personally use debian for
everything, including freeswitch installs. Some wouldn't touch it with a 10
foot pole though.

> are there any dependencies for the opal and libpt versions?

Those should be taken care of by the build script (if there are any)

> Who had recently made running this solution and can give me some advice?

Can't help you there, sorry. :-)