[Freeswitch-users] Using mod_managed or mod_java

Jon Schøpzinsky jos at firstcom.dk
Thu Jun 21 14:54:40 MSD 2012

Hello everybody,

We are designing a new platform, and are planning to use FreeSWITCH for our core services and switching.

We have looked at using the ESL interface, mod_managed og mod_java.

It doesn't seem as though a lot of work is being done on mod_java, and there isn't allot of documentation around. So if anybody could share their experience with using mod_java, that would be great.

mod_managed seems very promising, but we are a bit nervous about running Mono on one of our primary production systems, as our experience with Mono hasn't been all good.
Is anybody running mod_managed on large scale production systems, that can share their experience with doing so?

The ESL interface is working pretty great, but we do like the idea of integrating our core logic directly into FreeSWITCH, instead of having it run in a separate process.

Kind Regards

Jon Leren Schøpzinsky