[Freeswitch-users] Debian Packages OR Salt Configuration Files

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Thu Jun 21 10:55:30 MSD 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 10:25 PM, Avi Marcus <avi at avimarcus.net> wrote:
> Also, is anyone using salt (http://saltstack.org/) to admin their servers
> and/or freeswitch? It's a remote execution tool for a cluster +
> configuration version control. I've started using it and it seems pretty
> awesome!

Salt is the bomb. We're in the process of moving a bunch of
home-brewed Python, Fabric, Django (templating) and json configs over
to Salt. It's much better, faster, secure and sane than what we came
up with.

Anyway, the project we're working on has very specific needs, but
we'll be doing more generic FreeSWITCH stuff that we'll open source.

Good luck and let us know if you create any cool tools.

Best,
Gabe