[Freeswitch-users] Hardware build recommendations

Timothy Bolton ifoundthetao at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 00:08:17 MSD 2012

I thought I lined those out in the initial email:
 >> Here's what I'd like running on it: OpenVPN, FreeSWITCH, and a firewall
 >> (probably pfSense).
 >>
 >> My home network doesn't have too much traffic, and I don't get that many
 >> calls.

But I suppose my language may have been too generic.

I get less than a call an hour.  Most of this is just me playing around:
initiating calls from websites, integrating that into ticketing systems
/ emails, etc..  So not a high demand, very few simultaneous calls on
the inbound, though I would like for many simultaneous calls to be possible.

As far as other things go: CentOS 6, no mail server, OpenVPN, pfSense,
probably OpenSSL too.  Access to this network via VPN would be on
occasion when I'm out of the office, or if other people need to get in,
which would be rare.  That's about all this would be used for.  Other
boxes are set up for other uses.

'We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals.'
Quarry Worker's Creed