[Freeswitch-users] Hardware build recommendations

Brian Foster bdfoster at endigotech.com
Sat Jun 9 22:53:10 MSD 2012

Well his calls per hour are probably irrelevent. Probably much less than
one. Many of us (including myself) have production servers and use a home
server as a dev machine (which has a ton of other stuff running on it).
Freeswitch, OpenVPN, pfsense, etc are all pretty easy to deal with on a
home server. Its when you get things like mythtv-backend, Subsonic, etc.
that you can easily get in trouble with. I've got an old Dell Precision 490
(ok maybe 5 years old) w/ a Intel Xeon 5150 and 1GB of ram that runs gnome,
mythtv-backend, OpenVPN, FS, Subsonic, MediaTomb, 2 websites, a file
server, and ZNC and it runs pretty well. there's even a few MySQL
databases. Load avg probably hovers at around 0.25 for the most part.

Brian Foster
Endigo Computer LLC

Sent from a mobile device.