[Freeswitch-users] RTP NAT issue

Carlo Dimaggio jaasmailing at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 00:13:08 MSD 2012

Ok, I'll try the parameter NDLB. Is it suitable in an hosted environment
(thousand of extensions)?

Anyway, the problem is that I can't use STUN (phone side configuration)
because I have two needs:

1) Phone A (192.168.0.100) calls Phone B (192.168.0.101), in this case
the RTP flow should be sent directly between two endpoints. If I use
STUN the SDP "A" contains the public IP and not the private IP (that
must be used for device reachability).

2) Phone A (192.168.0.100) calls Freeswitch (Public IP), in this case
the RTP flow shoud be sent to Freeswitch Public IP and Freeswitch shoud
send the RTP to the Phone A NAT IP. Here the STUN is the best solution.

What is the best practice in this scenario?

Regards,