[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH dying with no core file

Adam Johnston ajohnston at blimessaging.com
Fri Jul 27 23:34:43 MSD 2012

Hi all,

I use FreeSWITCH exclusively for high-volume fax, both sending and
receiving, and I've been running into a sporadic issue where the FreeSWITCH
process will die with nothing in the logs to indicate an issue and no core
file anywhere on the system. I'm setting "ulimit -c unlimited" in my init
script, so I would expect to see a core file. Version:
FreeSWITCH Version
1.2.0-rc2+git~20120713T162602Z~0afd7318bd+unclean~20120713T182401Z

is where I've seen this occur most frequently. I would update to latest git
and retry, but as I said, this issue is sporadic and by the time it happens
again I'll have yet *another* git to update to. Right now I'm just trying
to collect more information, as all I can tell is that crashes occur when
there are dozens-to-hundreds of sending faxes, which is almost all the time
during business hours.

I was running a version from February, 2012 for months and months and I
can't ever remember seeing this happen.

Is there a way of obtaining more crash information I'm overlooking? Is my
only option running gcore and crossing my fingers?

Many thanks,
Adam Johnston