[Freeswitch-users] FaxxBochs hackers?

shouldbe q931 shouldbeq931 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 20:48:03 MSD 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 6:33 PM, Sean Devoy <sdevoy at bizfocused.com> wrote:
> Has anyone investigated the new FaxxBochs offering? It appears to handle the
> analog fax machine locally, then send the fax as a data TCP connection to
> the server (as a TIFF or JPG I would guess).  It totally removes the VOIP
> problem with fax machines and is a clever solution.  $30 a month unlimited
> in and out is reasonable, but I would rather have that income myself.
>

> It would be great if I could resell it and make a cut, but they require 75
> device sales the first year.
>

> If someone knows anything about “reconfiguring” one of these, I would love
> to read about it.
>

> Sean

looking at their other offerings, I would guess that its a four port
asterisk box with IAX modem connecting to hylafax to "receive" the
inbound fax and then send it to their "datacenter" hyalafax server(s)
for onward transmission using the "proxy" feature in jobcontrol,
inbound would work in the same way but the other way around. The AES
256 encryption could well just be SSL...

not a bad solution if you must have fax and don't have PSTN (or ISDN)
connectivity, but as its store and forward, I'm not sure how it plays
out legally...