[Freeswitch-users] Performance Testing

Peter Olsson peter.olsson at visionutveckling.se
Sat Jul 7 14:16:18 MSD 2012

The common answer is "it depends"..

It depends on many different aspects, for instance: transcoding, script handling, media bypass etc. So there is no answer that is valid for everyone. There are also easy changes that can be made to improve performance, putting the sqlite databases on a RAM-drive is one common task.

Also make sure to have as many CPU cores as possible, lots of RAM, and med sure to use 64-bit systems.

I've never done any testing myself, so I don't know really. But I know there are people out there handling thousands of concurrent calls, at pretty high CPS.

One more thing though, that will help you out right now. FS doesn't behave 100% correctly in CentOS 6.x, CentOS 6.x causes much higher CPU load, compared to CentOX 5.x. So right now CentOS 6.x is not officially supported by FS (until the reasons for this has been discovered). If you switch to real hardware and use CentOS 5.x I'm pretty sure that will give you much better results.

These issues on Jira are related to CentOS 6.x problems.

FS-4396<http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-4396>
FS-4316<http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-4316>

/Peter