[Freeswitch-users] Problem with Polycom behind firewall with freeswitch

Mike motosota at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 12:25:45 MSD 2012

Akhil,

You might want to have a look at this
http://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-users/2011-November/077513.html

Alternatively (what I do) - get the phone to send the keepalive, not
the other way around.

Set the following in the Polycom phone .xml configuration file:

 <nat nat.keepalive.interval="30" />

>From the manual:
"If non-Null (or 0), the keepalive interval in seconds. This parameter
is used to set the interval at which phones will send a keep-alive
packet to the gateway/NAT device to keep the communication port open
so that NAT can continue to function as setup initially."

Default value is 0.

Mike