[Freeswitch-users] Problem with Polycom behind firewall with freeswitch

Akhil Chandra achandra at telrouter.com
Fri Jul 6 05:40:13 MSD 2012

Hi all,

I come from a asterisk background and having trouble keeping the firewall
hole opened up for Polycom registering to freeswitch server.

I am running freeswitch ( with bluebox UI) and trying to register a Polycom
behind a router.

I have exhausted all the options in sip_profiles directory for the interface
I am using. The issue I am seeing is that the freeswitch sends the OPTIONS
message to the internal IP ie ( 192.168.X.X) rather than the public IP,
behind which the Polycom phones are.

These phones register fine with asterisk in the stated scenario.

I have tried changing these options in the xml file but still the OPTIONS
message ( as seen in tcpdump) is sent to 192.168.X.X

     <param name="nat-options-ping" value="true"/>

      <param name="all-reg-options-ping" value="true"/>

      <param name="apply-nat-acl" value="rfc1918.auto"/>

      <param name="aggressive-nat-detection" value="true"/>

      <param name="NDLB-force-rport" value="true"/>

Any help appreciated !! .. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Akhil