[Freeswitch-users] Skypopen on debian squeeze - All sorts of fonts and alsa/oss driver and binary issues

A E [Gmail] all.eforums at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 12:49:27 MSK 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 9:15 AM, A E [Gmail] <all.eforums at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> anyone tried to get Skypopen to work in Debian? I am not really sure what
> the real issue is as I get multiple errors when trying to start but the
> biggest one I guess is the one claiming that the skype binary cannot be
> executed.
>
> Will provide further info as requested as I really don't know what the
> issue really is. Does the Skype client need a real sound card/driver
> present? I doubt it. Does it really need a real screen attached to it? I
> doubt it since I see some magic being done with the Xserver to create fake
> displays and what not.
>
> Anyway, here's what I get when I try to start the start_skype_clients.sh
>
> *ERROR: Module snd_pcm_oss does not exist in /proc/modules*
> *ERROR: Module snd_mixer_oss does not exist in /proc/modules*
> *ERROR: Module snd_seq_oss does not exist in /proc/modules*
> *mknod: `/dev/dsp': File exists*
> *insmod: error inserting
> '/opt/freeswitch/skypopen/sound-drv/skypopen.ko': -1 File exists*
> *SELinux: Disabled on system, not enabling in X server*
> *[dix] Could not init font path element
> /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType, removing from list!*
> *bash: /opt/freeswitch/skypopen/clientsymlnk/skype101: cannot execute
> binary file*
>
>  Any ideas? Giovanni? :)
>
> Thanks in advance

Ok this "mystery" is solved as I only just realised that the package being
downloaded is pre-compiled binary and not source that was further being
compiled. The skypopen library was but not the actual Skype binary. So
there you go!

Now, is this a stupid question or can I get a hold of the actual source of
the Skype client so I can try and compile this on my platform?

Thanks so much