[Freeswitch-users] Skypopen on debian squeeze - All sorts of fonts and alsa/oss driver and binary issues

A E [Gmail] all.eforums at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 17:15:09 MSK 2012

Hello All,

anyone tried to get Skypopen to work in Debian? I am not really sure what
the real issue is as I get multiple errors when trying to start but the
biggest one I guess is the one claiming that the skype binary cannot be
executed.

Will provide further info as requested as I really don't know what the
issue really is. Does the Skype client need a real sound card/driver
present? I doubt it. Does it really need a real screen attached to it? I
doubt it since I see some magic being done with the Xserver to create fake
displays and what not.

Anyway, here's what I get when I try to start the start_skype_clients.sh

*ERROR: Module snd_pcm_oss does not exist in /proc/modules*
*ERROR: Module snd_mixer_oss does not exist in /proc/modules*
*ERROR: Module snd_seq_oss does not exist in /proc/modules*
*mknod: `/dev/dsp': File exists*
*insmod: error inserting '/opt/freeswitch/skypopen/sound-drv/skypopen.ko':
-1 File exists*
*SELinux: Disabled on system, not enabling in X server*
*[dix] Could not init font path element
/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType, removing from list!*
*bash: /opt/freeswitch/skypopen/clientsymlnk/skype101: cannot execute
binary file*

Any ideas? Giovanni? :)

Thanks in advance