[Freeswitch-users] Gemeinschaft 4.0 (FreeSWITCH based) released

Thomas Mueller thomas at chaschperli.ch
Thu Jan 12 14:59:00 MSK 2012

hi giovanni

here a translation by me:

Hi

5 years by now the first version of Gemeinschaft was brought to live.
I'm proud to present version 4.0 of Gemeinschaft today =>
http://www.amooma.de/gemeinschaft

On this occation i'd like to thank to the federal office of it security
(BSI) for the development contract for Gemeinschaft 4.0 whithin the
SiVoIP project. In addition special thanks to Sascha  Daniels, Philipp
Kempgen, Peter Kozak, Klaus Knopper und Ralf Spenneberg.

Gemeinschaft 4.0 is a huge step towards a secure VoIP PBX for everyone.

Main differences to Gemeinschaft 3.x
- Asterisk was replaced by FreeSWITCH and Kmailio
- PHP was replaced in favor of Ruby 3
- Test-driven development
- easy install with with from bootable ISO
- Security, stability and performance
- all data can be saved encrypted on disk (including fax and voicemails)

===
Q: I'm happy with Gemeinschaft 3.x. Shall I upgrade?