[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH in a University Environment

Saugort Dario Garcia Tovar dgarcia at anew.com.ve
Wed Jan 11 17:12:29 MSK 2012

Hi all,

About a strategy to release and support.

I work for a integrator. We have in our portafolio two big brand:
Alcatel and Genesys. They give new minor releases and hotfixes almost
every week in their products. Mayor releases are available in one year,
sometimes more.

About minor releases and hot-fixes, it depend on our local scenario. Not
all our customer has issues than involves/require apply hot-fixes each
week. We use this approach:
1. If there is an issue, we look in there are an aplicable hotfix. If
not, we try to find a workaround or get a estimated date for a hotfix.
2. Each year we offer to our customer access to last binaries to upgrade
their platform to the latest release

Also, you have to "design" an integral political procedure for upgrades,
hot-fixes and roll-back. Because, FS depend on OS, and other components
like mediagateway, routers, etc. I have seen in our customer, when they
apply a patch in the OS or their pbx, could affect other systems.

On 1/10/2012 11:46 PM, Michael Collins wrote:

>     Enterprise can't afford patch& upgrade daily. You guys need to
>     take a strategy to release and support. For instance, two release:
>     stable release will has a life span 3 years and be supported. Test
>     release with latest features.
>
> We've got some things in the works. Stay tuned!
> -MC

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

> No virus found in this message.

Atentamente,